Tuesday, February 2, 2021
For Immediate Release
Contact: Kent Andersen
National Sales Manager, Warrior Boats
Imagine a boat that literally cuts through waves with a nearly 23-foot, tournament-proven Deep V design. One that masters the water with that legendary Warrior smooth, and dry, ride, and with an industry-leading 450 horsepower rating.
Stop dreaming, because it’s here. It took six years in development, hundreds of hours of testing, tweaking and re-testing to create the best fiberglass multi-species fishing platform on the market, the new Warrior V238DC.
“At 22 feet, 11 inches, this boat is an absolute game changer. I’ve ridden in many boats and I’ve never run one that cuts through the water like this,” says Kent Andersen, Warrior’s national sales manager. “It sets a new bar in the fiberglass Deep-V multi-species market.
“The 238DC splashed on Nov. 1, 2020, and we tested it in Minnesota’s Lake Mille Lacs, Michigan’s Saginaw Bay, Lake Erie and lakes Sakakawea and Oahe in the Dakotas. We experienced days that were flat calm and days when there were five-footers, and there’s nothing like this platform anywhere,” he adds.
Andersen, along with Chuck Barth, president and co-owner of Warrior, based in Melrose, MN, and other members of the Warrior family developed the concept to build a boat that, as Andersen says “literally reaches out to the next wave. It has the most bow and cockpit space, the most storage, and is the best riding, best tracking and offers the driest ride in its class.”
Here’s just a partial list of the V238DC’s standard best-in-class equipment:
- Inlaid bow dash ready for up to a 12-inch graph, and room for two 12-inch graphs in the cockpit behind the full-size bonded, tinted windshield.
- Aqua Traction non-slip flooring throughout.
- Bow and stern livewells both with fast water pickups so your day’s catch stays fresh even when underway, and an in-floor bow mount cooler.
- Minnkota Terrova I-Pilot rated at 112 pounds of thrust on the bow. Want an optional MotorGuide instead? Done. The bow platform is so roomy, two can fish.
- Anglers can’t have enough tackle and gear, and the 238 is ready to carry a pickup truckload like all Warrior boats. Start with two side rod storage lockers, two rod shelves and a center rod locker, room for up to 28 rods up to 12 feet long.
Along with two cavernous bow compartments, store your tackle underneath the twin rod shelves and in below-dash compartments. There’s more under the matching rear jump seats that enable you to seat up to six comfortably aboard. Stern access ports for batteries and pumps also feature drop-in liners for even more stow space, and there’s even more under the bow platform step.
- From the windshield back, the 6-by-8-foot rear deck and a 101-inch beam translates to plenty of elbow room to host your friends or family for a day on the water.
- An industry-leading 30-inch transom that’s ready for up to a 450 horsepower outboard from Mercury, Yamaha or Suzuki, fed from a 78-gallon fuel tank.
- AGM type 31 starting battery, three trolling motor battery trays and Warrior custom Dowco boat cover.
- Onboard smart battery charger.
- A Tough Coat-sprayed tandem axle trailer with dual disc brakes, swing-away tongue, aluminum rims, LED lights and more.
- That famous lifetime Warrior warranty that others just can’t touch.
Those who’ve been aboard the 238 can’t say enough about its ride, its wave handling ability, and that all-important build quality, a hallmark of every one of Warrior’s fleet of nine boat models.
“The 238’s fit and finish is second to none,” says Pat Kovash of Kovash Marine in Moorhead, MN. “We have high expectations of the boats we sell, and Warrior always meets them.”
Dean Marshall of Ramsey Minnesota’s and Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin’s The Boat Center describes it as a fun boat to drive. “It gets on plane immediately. That tells me that the hull is really dialed in. You’ll be shocked at how nimble and sporty it is, and how easy it is to drive.”
Mike Horton of Au Gres, Michigan’s Inland Marine on Saginaw Bay, says the 238’s “wow factor” is over the top. “This boat is overwhelmingly different. It’s a terrific boat.”
And Jason Zsebik of Erie Marine in Sheffield Lake, Ohio, calls it a game-changer. “Warrior is a great boat brand already, and this one is on another level. The ride is so superior to any other walleye-style boat I’ve ever been in, it’s indescribable. It’s the real deal.”
Andersen advises to get to one of Warrior’s 20 North American dealers now, before the 2021 model year is spoken for, because of the surge in demand for ways family and friends can enjoy the outdoors safely this year.